DIMACS/CCICADA Workshop on Systems and Analytics of Big Data
March 17 - 18, 2014
DIMACS Center, CoRE Building, Rutgers University
Presented under the auspices of the Special Focus
on Information Sharing and Dynamic Data Analysis and The Command, Control, and Interoperability Center for Advanced Data
- Joseph Gonzalez, UC Berkeley
- Daniel Hsu, Columbia University
- Li Erran Li, Bell Labs, erranlli at gmail.com
Call for Participation and Posters:
Talks are by invitation only.
Attendance at the workshop is open to all interested participants (subject to space limitations). Please register if you would like to attend this workshop.
Call for Posters:
We are soliciting poster abstracts for ongoing work in research and applications at the intersection
of Analytics, Machine Learning, and Systems. Topics of interest include but are not limited to the following:
- Systems Issues related to large datasets: storage, data centers/clouds, streaming system, and architecture
- New programming model for big data beyond Hadoop/MapReduce, STORM, streaming languages
- Streaming big data processing
- Mining algorithms of big data in non-traditional formats (unstructured, semi-structured)
- Scalable, distributed and parallel algorithms
- Applications: mobile data, social network systems, smart grid, social media
systems, scientific data mining, environmental, health analytics, financial
analytics and smart cities.
Poster abstracts should be one page (PDF) highlighting ongoing work
and preliminary results. Submissions should be sent to email@example.com
by March 3, 2014.
Accepted submissions will receive free registration and may also be selected for spotlight presentations.
Contacting the Center
Document last modified on February 17, 2014.